This white powder of awesomeness is a natural way of keeping things clean and fresh around the home and the applications are almost endless. Get on it!
- Are you pits on the hum? Make your own stink defying stick…
a. If you’re the lazy sort, just dust the bi-carb straight onto your underarms so your body can absorb your wofty stench. This technique is messy and not as effective as some of our other methods. We suggest you keep reading…
b. If you’re not as lazy as the person who prefers option a, get yourself a more functional application by mixing up:
- 3 tablespoons of bicarb soda and coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of arrowroot
- A few drops of essential oil (add more drops for those with a bigger hum)
- Melt over a very low heat
- Pour into an old deodorant dispenser (those with a push up bottom work best)
- Pop it into the fridge to set
- Keep in the fridge in summer so it doesn't turn into a liquid mess!
For all the hair stylin metrosexuals out there… got product build up issues?
- Add 1 tablespoon of bicarb to your shampoo and rinse thoroughly for softer, cleaner hairshe is more likely to get her fingers through.
Got dog breath? Make your own mouthwash
- Mix half a teaspoon of bicarb with a cup of warm water and gargle. Your friends will thank you for it.
- Got kitty litter breath? Make your own toothpaste
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of baking soda and around 15 drops of essential oils. Flavour is completely up to you but if it your dealing with something that could kill a small child, we suggest peppermint. Your friends and your dog will thank you for it.
Need to SCRUB off that questionable one-night stand
- Look we’ve all been there…. Simply mix up a batch of 3-parts bi-carb and 1-part water, dollop onto a loofa, jump in the shower and scrub the night away in a circular motion. Rinse yourself clean of your sins.
Insect bite reliever (coincidently – the same recipe as the scrub above, application is slightly different!)
- If mozzies also find you hot to trot and they can’t keep their pincers off of you, make a paste using bicarb and water and apply like a cream on your love bites.
Deodorizer - Tune in; those with greasy teenagers and small sticky people
a . Clothes
- An open container of bi-carb in the closet will eliminate smells from your wardrobe, should you teenager ever bother hanging their clothes up. It won’t unfortunately do anything for the pile of greasy, hormonal, sweaty clothes on the floor.
- Odours can fester in cars quite quickly and those of you that ferry small children around can attest that it takes about 30 seconds for spilt milk to turn into a rank, curdled, gag-able mess. Sprinkle bi-carb on the offending odour source, wait for 15 minutes and vaccum that shit up.
- Again; if you live with sloths and your fridge is omitting a strong funky aroma that is singeing your nose hairs, you may want to give this a go to neutralize the junk inside your trunk. Pay/bribe a small person to clean out the liquefied food, green fuzz, crusty flakes and sticky spots, then place an open box of bi-carb in the back of the fridge.