Nutritionist, naturopath, health blogger and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish shares with us eleven simple and achievable healthy habits that you can incorporate into your day to; optimise digestion, reduce bloating, enhance the absorption of nutrients from food and improve your overall health.
1. Nourish your body with real food. Choose foods that are close to their natural state, unprocessed and rich in nutrients.
2. Make sure you chew your food well. Chewing your food properly sends signals to your body to produce the necessary enzymes to break down the food making it easier for your body to absorb nutrients.
3. Turn off electronics at meal times. Avoid eating with distraction, which can encourage overeating, poor digestion and contribute to bloating.
4. Hydrate your body with 2L water per day.
5. Eat with presence, awareness and connection. Pay attention to your meal and your body. This makes a big difference to how your body digests and absorbs food.
6. Reduce stress as much as you can, particularly at meal times. Eating under stress causes your body’s digestion to slow down and to prioritise more important functions, compromising proper digestion.
7. Avoid eating late at night. Eating too late at night can affect how well you sleep and therefore how you feel in the morning.
8. Eat until you are satisfied but not beyond. Overeating can burden your digestive system, reduce your energy levels and even impact your quality of sleep and mood.
9. View food as nourishment. Each time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body.
10. Eat intuitively. Listen to your body’s signals of when to eat and how much to eat. Tune in to its hunger signals and when it feels satisfied.
11. Make sleep a priority. Good quality sleep is a MUST for a healthy body, efficient metabolism and for keeping your weight balanced. Not enough sleep can trigger food cravings and an increased appetite.
For more tips and ways you can nourish your body with real food visit the Live Love Nourish website: www.livelovenourish.com.au or check out the social media pages:
If you are looking for practical real food support and nutritional guidance to achieve your health and wellness goals, check out the Live Love Nourish 8-Week Program.
This online interactive program is designed by a qualified nutritionist and aims to inspire you to nourish your body with 8 weeks of healthy meal plans, easy recipes and nutrition and lifestyle guides for increased energy, finding your natural weight, improving your gut and digestive health, balancing hormones, curbing sugar cravings, developing a healthy relationship with your body and nourishing it with real food.
You can find out more here.