What are Soapberries?
- Soapberries are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. Ours are also Certified Organic.
- They are often called 'soapnuts', but they are not nuts at all. They are in fact a fruit!
- Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world, but is most prevalent in the Himalayas.
- The shell of the fruit is then collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
- Our Certified Organic Soapberries are harvested from wild trees in the pristine Himalayan mountains of Nepal, by small local communities.
- A portion of all sales contribute to life saving surgery for women in Nepal. Through the amazing work of Open Heart International we are helping those who are most at risk in regional communities throughout the Himalayan area.